21 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

The U.S. Constitution is filled with “archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions,” and we must “extricat[e] ourselves from constitutional bondage”

To contact us Click HERE
So argues Louis Michael Seidman, tasked with teaching constitutional law at the Georgetown University Law Center . Hmmm..... Mr. Seidman. You may be right. I mean, why should we be burdened with rules and laws that were written by old men hundreds of years ago that have little understanding of the problems we face today. In fact, why should we be burdened with laws created by an old man a few thousand years ago . What laws? Why the Ten Commandments.  If we chuck the Constitution based on what Mr. Siedman says, we should chuck the Ten Commandments, too. Think about it. Any true blue Progressive who say we have different problems than societies have had in the past, can see that the Ten Commandments are archaic and have little place in our society today. I mean, what’s this about not converting they neighbors goods.  If someone has more than me then that’s not fair. If I want to have an abortion any time at any week, that’s good by me. And what’s this about there being only one God. The God of the Bible. Phooey.  Gaia is my god and environmentalism is my religion. And let’s not even discuss the graven image thing. Let’s not go there. And if I want to take the Lord’s name in vain, how can I be a successful standup comic? And if I want to shop on Sunday, the stores better damn be open. Thou shall not commit adultery. Yeah that’s a good one. What century are you living in? Don’t restrict my promiscuity. If I want to bad mouth someone – hey – that’s free speech - even if it’s a lie. And as far as stealing goes – don’t do it. It’s the government’s job to re-distribute the wealth. So you see, if the Constitution is an archaic and irrelevant document, why do we need the Ten Commandments? Just asking.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder